Family Services Illawarra offers family support services to meet a variety of needs.
Our Child Youth and Family Support program provides early support, and accepts referrals from the local government areas of Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama. Families with children 0-17 years of age are able to refer themselves to this program.
Our Family Support Workers can visit you in your home and give advice on and practical support with:
- Access to childcare
- Assessment and case planning
- Basic counselling
- Building stronger parenting skills
- Co-ordination of specialist assessments and referrals
- Learning how to access specialised help, such as health, education, financial, legal, parenting and family planning services
- The day-to-day running of your home and the establishment of routines
We also provide intensive family support services for families referred by Family and Community Services child protection workers.
These services are provided in the local government areas of Wollongong, Kiama, Shellharbour and Shoalhaven.