Parenting is not an easy job, yet it is the most important job we will ever do. This workshop introduces some concepts expanded upon in the Bringing up Great Kids Program which has been developed by the Australian Childhood Foundation.
As a parent, some days can be rewarding while others can be disheartening. This workshop aims to give insights into our own parenting story based on reflection and mindfulness.
We explore children’s brain development, helping explain why children behave the way they do, which provides some strategies to better manage our reactions to these behaviours. We can facilitate this workshop in 2 x 1 hour sessions or 1 x 2 hour session. The program suits parents of children up to 12 years of age.
By the end of this workshop parents will:
- Have explored their parenting style
- Understand the basic brain functions of children
- Build networks with other parents in their community
- Have strategies to calm when feeling distressed and angry with their children
- Know services available to support them in their parenting